How do I add a freecycling group to my account?
(If you're using the mobile version of the site, skip down to the mobile instructions below)
- Go to the Groups page and click the button labelled "Add Group".
- Enter your city and state into the first search field and make sure the correct country is shown in the second search field and then click Search.
- Use the map below the search fields to view the groups that are close to you (you can zoom out and view a larger area by clicking the minus sign near the top left of the map).
- For each group you want to add, click on its red marker on the map to see its name.
- You can then click on the name of each group to select it.
- Once you've selected all the groups you want to join, click the large green button labelled "Add Selected Groups".
Once you add a group, a subscription request is automatically sent to the group. It can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days for your request to be approved (but we'll automatically email you once you are approved). The reason for the delay is that some group moderators choose to moderate membership requests in order to prevent spammers and non-local people from joining.
If you're using the mobile site:
- Go to the Groups page and click the "Add Groups" button.
- Select your country, enter your postal code (if asked) and click the "Search" button.
- For each group you want to add, click the checkbox next to its name.
- Once you've selected all the groups you want to join, click the "Join Selected Groups" button.