I just started a new job as a psychotherapist at a middle school. The school is incredibly under-resourced and these kids have been through a lot. I just set foot in my new "office" today and I'm appalled at the idea of having a therapy session in such a depressing, bare space.
I have just a few days to transform the space into something warm and inviting.
If any of you have or have a lead on these items, I'm looking for donations of (top items are high-need items) :
- Desperately need an area rug! Or two even! The acoustics in there are horrible!
- Wall hangings - Nice batiks or fancy quilt. Again, to buffer noise and soften things up
- A loveseat or small couch
- I might need someone with a truck to move in a couch. Hoping to find one that comes apart, so I can do it myself!
- a comfy chair. Same same as far as maybe needing a truck
- Tall, deep-ish shelves to display my toys, games, and art supplies
- Shorter shelves
- Nice art paper
- A shower curtain - there's a weird bathroom in the back and the shower is used for storage.. need to cover that up
- Contact paper to cover shelves
- Board games / card games. (Pokemon, Monopoly, Risk, Uno, Magick, etc.)
- I'm always accepting sand tray items. Weird tchotchkes and nick nacks.
I don't really need:
- pens, pencils, crayons
- educational materials (textbooks, workbooks)
- toys for small children
Thanks so much for reading!
To browse free items in your area,
want has already been satisfied!