A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Asparagus kettle 8" high (Horsell GU21)
Aluminium, quite used condition (see photos), but still plenty of life for cooking your asparagus to perfection by having the lower parts of the stems in boiling water while the delicate upper parts are gently steamed. Photo 3 shows a dent in the lid, or perhaps that's to let the steam out. All I can say is that it's served us well for many years and I only want to pass it on because we happen to have acquired another shinier one! Though I doubt our newer one will cook any better! When asparagus is in season (around May), it's one of the true joys of British gardening.


+1




+2
+1



+2
+1



+2
+1


+1




+2
+1






+2
+1



+3
+2
+1



+6
+5
+4
Free:
Kettle leads, Horsell GU21 4XS (Horsell GU21 4XS)
Gifted
These are often (wrongly) known as kettle leads, they're for powering desktop PCs and other electrical equipment (IEC C13). A real kettle lead has an indentation to signify high temperature use (C15). I have lots spare, as shown in the photo. You can have as many or as few as you want.





+13
+12
+11



+13
+12
+11



3h
Free:
Wood, could be firewood (Horsell GU21)
Wood, some could be useful, but perhaps mostly firewood for your log burner. If you want to bring a saw you can plug in to my electric. Some pieces are quite substantial, up to 5" square.

14d
Free:
Homebrew winemaking containers (Horsell GU21)
Several gallons, collapsible containers. I used to use these for homemade wine making, originally they were bulk sherry containers, so they're food safe and good for alcohol. But I long ago gave up this activity. Could be good for storing other liquids?


15d
Free:
Shirts, need cufflinks, Vinted? (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
4 white, 2 coloured shirts, 15, 15½. Take all, or just the ones you like. I don't use cufflinks any more, so these are surplus. Feel free to show off your sewing skills by reworking the cuffs. Or put them on Vinted and make a profit, I won't shame you!

15d
Free:
Book, Investor's Chronicle (Horsell GU21)
Beginners Please, published by Investors Chronicle. Very old, but I still found plenty of it interesting, though of course anything about tax is way out of date.




27d
Free:
Wheelbarrow, needs TLC (Horsell GU21)
Withdrawn
Standard garden barrow, but the fixings need repair due to rust. Useful cheap restoration project for someone? GU21 4XS.




30d
Free:
Shirts, need cufflinks (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
4 white, 2 coloured shirts, 15, 15½. Take all, or just the ones you like. I don't use cufflinks any more, so these are surplus. Feel free to show off your sewing skills by reworking the cuffs. Or put them on Vinted and make a profit, I won't shame you!

33d
Free:
Book: history of London Underground (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Book: history of the London Underground Excellent condition. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]




104d
Free:
Oxford library of words and phrases (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Book: Oxford library of words and phrases, vol 3, word origins. Very good condition. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]



104d
Free:
'Sad Goat' book, entertaining (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Dear Sad Goat. A curated collection of letters to a Canadian radio station. Hilarious, sad, thought provoking, amazing. It's a book you can pick up for just a few minutes -- each letter is only a page or two. Or you can curl up with it and forget the world for a couple of hours. I thoroughly recommend it, but I very rarely keep anything but reference books for more than one reading, so it's time for it to find another home. Maybe in turn you'll eventually post it on a TrashNothing somewhere else for someone to enjoy. Why 'Sad Goat'? That's explained at the start of the book! It's a story in itself! :) I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]


104d
Free:
Wall clock, spares/repair (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Clock has been excellent for several years, but has suddenly stopped working. The mechanism is the very common little quartz unit. Hoping someone who's into repair may fancy a little project. Mechanism takes one AA battery. [bb-b49 6206]




116d
Free:
Book: Calendar of Feasts (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Hardback book, perfect condition: Cattern Cakes and Lace, a Calendar of Feasts by Julia Jones and Barbara Deer. 128 pages. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]


117d
Free:
Romantic short stories book (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Winter Weepies, by various best selling authors Paperback. Condition could be better, but perfectly readable. 372 pages I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]


120d
Free:
Beginner's guide to UFOs (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Book, Beginner's Guide to UFOs. 108 pages. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]


120d
Free:
Well being / nutrition book (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Creating Balance, a guide to your well-being. 104 pages. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]




120d
Free:
Teach Your Own, Holt, homeschooling (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Book about home schooling. I'm currently posting a number of books, will be happy if people take any or all. GU21 4XS [bb 6206]




120d
Free:
Belts, under 38" waist (GU21) (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Several belts, not in great condition, but might be useful to someone or could be adapted for craft work? Seems a shame to just put them in the black bin. Over the years I've put on a bit of weight, my waist is now about 39" and none of these are any use to me. I doubt any of them are good enough to put on Vinted or similar. GU21 4XS, just outside Horsell.

131d
Free:
OKI Fax machine, laser printer (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Oki 4500 fax machine, spares/repair, LOCAL COLLECT GU21 4XS, laser printer Does anyone use a fax machine these days? I'm guessing not, but this could still be really useful as a printer, very cheap to run, cartridges available on ebay and elsewhere. Or it could be fun to take apart and maybe use some bits. UNTESTED. Needs a good clean for starters. Very dusty. Might be useful as a printer, or for parts? Does power up and respond to buttons, but I can't test it further, so spares/repair Whatever, it's just one of many things I need to clear out, so it's your lucky day! See photos of actual item.




136d


139d
Free:
C13 to C14 Computer IEC Lead 3 pin (Horsell GU21)
Gifted
Good condition. These are mains leads perhaps of most interest to retro computer enthusiasts because old PCs used to have an outlet on the power supply for supplying mains to the monitor. But they could just be used as extension leads. I've got a number of these, various lengths, I think typically 1.3m to 1.5m. You're welcome to take just one, or as many as you can make use of.


215d
Free:
Tax books, GU21 (Horsell GU21)
Expired
Two books on tax, possibly some parts may be out of date now, but a useful starting point for someone? May also have other books and magazines to give away.




301d
Free:
Tax books, GU21 4XS (Horsell GU21 4XS)
Expired
Two books on tax, possibly some parts may be out of date now, but a useful starting point for someone? May also have other books and magazines to give away.




319d