A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Saddle, Drop handlebars, clip on pedals (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
Not a comfortable saddle but better than it looks. With two rails to clamp, not the seat post clamp type. Drop Handlebars, I also have 22mm wide tyres they are perished but are good enough to let you make up your mind to buy new ones or something wider more suitable for normal road Clip-on-type pedals, - I cant find these just now. All in good order.


Free:
shower skirting (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
1.2m x 93mm




1d
Request:
wooden ball or large door nob. (High Brooms TN4)
I want to screw and glue it to the end of a nice stick I have to make it longer and a comfortable to hold walking stick. So I guess a little bigger than a cricket ball.

1d
Free:
Box wood stick (High Brooms TN4)
Withdrawn
Cutting a box wood after chipping up the pieces I have been left with some very hard wood nobbily stick. it is 820mm long so it is too short for me as a walking stick. It is green wood just now. There is another small piece of wood in this picture.

3d
Free:
14" bicycle tyres (High Brooms TN4)
14" x 1.75 - 2.125" They are in good order.

4d
Free:
Old bicycle tyres and tubes (High Brooms TN4)
Withdrawn
I found they are useful cut up as a protector on metal hangers I put my bicycle on. They also have some spring steel wire in them. The number of patched tubes plus two of the tubes are okay 14x 1.75/2.25"

32d
Free:
Blotting paper (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Stack of mostly white sheets. Very old and a bit bigger than A4 (fullscap perhaps), 20mm high stack.

185d
Request:
Spectacles Frame (High Brooms TN4)
Received
The hinge at the right side has broken, so if I can find the same size frame, I should be able to fix it. The frame must not be the type that screws into the lense and I need to find the same size frame as the lense. The arm is 100mm to the bend at my ear, then a further 40mm. The frame is 130mm between the hinges across my face.


193d
Free:
Smartphone with broken screen (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Doro 8030 It would work if the screen were not broken, but now it can only take pictures and it is a reasonable camera. Not really worth fixing the screen because it is slow and uses the battery up after a few hours once you start putting apps on it. Otherwise, you can take pictures all day with it. Difficult to turn off though because of the broken screen. Android 5.1, 8G which is small but will take a SIM memory expansion.

212d
Free:
Smartphone with a broken screen (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Doro 8030 It would work if the screen were not broken, but now it can only take pictures and it is a reasonable camera. Not really worth fixing the screen because it is slow and uses the battery up after a few hours once you start putting apps on it. Otherwise, you can take pictures all day with it. Difficult to turn off though because of the broken screen. Android 5.1, 8G which is small but will take a SIM memory expansion.

215d
Free:
Big glass bottles (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
I considered making a bottle garden, but I never did. These two large jars have no lids. The large jar has been taken, but the smaller jar is still available.

269d
Free:
Large Jars (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Two large jars, probably suitable for a small and a large bottle garden. They do not have a stoppers or lids.

272d
Request:
computer monitor (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
It needs to be a short walk to public transport back to High Brooms, where I live. A larger flat screen please!

276d
Free:
Bickerton Folding Bicycle (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
One of the tube sections has buckled. If you can fix that, the bike is still heavy to pedal but light weight at 9Kg.
323d
Free:
2.5" Hard disks + DDR (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Suitable for a very old laptop; Three IDE interface hard disks 2x 40G and 1x 80G 512M DDR
1y
Free:
vintage electrical (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
These might be fine as long as you don't use them with mains electricity, could use them as stage props, perhaps. There is also a 1970s Pifco bicycle red light, and Switch from a 1950s Rover P4 with one pointed end screw missing.

1y
Request:
SATA cable (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
A few of the data cables for an internal hard disk.
1y
Request:
Doro 610 Battery (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
The battery required is; shell01a Its a simple dumb phone but suits me as everything is bigger.
1y
Request:
USB Memory sticks (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Some last and some break, particularly if used on Windows. So I am fixing them by, avoiding using them on Windows. The fix is to run uses Windows Diskpart, Linux hdparm or MAC tools. It is a slow job, you need to leave the PC doing it for days. I am not sure how well this is going to work out, but it did not work on one memory stick and the other is getting better, but I have discarded others over the years. So I am writing about it; Anyway, I recommend doing those things, but if not I could do with a few more memory sticks myself.
1y


1y
Free:
Flower arranging (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Sharp spikes that you push flower or twig steams into, it is rusty because it is placed in the water.

1y
Free:
Petrol filler cap (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Car petrol filler cap - I can't recall how I lost one, but I needed a spare until I purchased a locking cap.


1y
Request:
Bicycle parts or an old bike. (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
Sturmey Archer; the toggle chain, enclosed cable and 3 speed selector. Sturmey Archer; 5 speed gear operator that attaches to the second cable, cable run wheel, the enclosed cable and selector. It to fix/replace a 4 speed gear hub and form a 5 speed hub. Alternatively, a not running 3 speed hub gear bike.
1y
Free:
Battery water top up bottle. (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
Car battery water top up bottle. The end of the nozzle is designed to air-lock and stop water flowing when there is enough in the battery. I have not used it for a long time, but the nozzle needs to be pressed against something for the water to flow out. That is, the water stops flowing once you stop pushing it into the battery.

1y
Free:
Vintage electrical fittings (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
These might be fine as long as you don't use them with mains electricity, could use them as stage props, perhaps. There is also a 1970s Pifco bicycle red light, and Switch from a 1950s Rover P4 with one pointed end screw missing.

1y
Free:
Laptop (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
Toshiba Satellite quite old but was fast. Unfortunately it recently went blank screen, probably something wrong with its internal power supply, I guess. Battery runs for 30 minutes or less. It had been running reliably for years. Secure boot did support dual boot Lubuntu and Windows 10. I have installed Windows 11 on a 160G HD which should work once the laptop is fixed.
1y
Free:
Bag of charcoal (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
For a barbicu.
1y
Free:
Loft Ladder (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
In good condition or not used.

1y
Free:
Wood (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
One piece of Marine board has been taken. This is what is left; Marine board 240 x 32 x 1.1 CM Plywood 239 x 34 x 1 CM Plywood 95 x 62 x 0.5CM The marine board is white, one side and metallic speckled the other side. The long thin piece is marked. I also have some smaller pieces of thicker plywood for floor repairs.

1y
Free:
Wood (High Brooms TN4)
Gifted
One piece of Marine board has been taken. This is left Marine board 240 x 32 x 1.1 CM Plywood 239 x 34 x 1 CM Plywood 95 x 62 x 0.5CM The marine board is white, one side and metallic speckled the other side. The long thin piece is marked. I also have some smaller pieces of thicker plywood for floor repairs.

1y
Request:
Bicycle or bicycle parts (High Brooms TN4)
Expired
I am looking for Sturmey Archer; toggle chain, enclosed cable and 3 speed selector. Sturmey Archer; 5 speed gear operator that attaches to the second cable, cable run wheel and the cable and selector. It is to fix 4 speed gear hub and form a 5 speed hub. Alternatively, a not running 3 speed hub gear bike.
2y