A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Big bag of baubles (Abingdon OX14)
I collected these intending to make bauble wreaths but never got around to it and need the space back. Perfect for someone crafty or wanting to decorate something big, there are about 100 in the bag. All pretty colours.


+1






+2
+1


+1


+1
Free:
Reinforced Hose (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Length of reinforced hose, about 2cm diameter. About 4 metres long, with a joint in the middle. Think it might have originally been used for brewing but not sure. Bit grubby from storage but would clean up. Please note we're central Abingdon, change left out for collection.


3h
Free:
Cardboard tubes (Abingdon OX14)
Withdrawn
8 sturdy cardboard tubes from rolls of fabric. Just under 2m long and approx 5cm diameter. May have a couple more to add if i get organised. Ideal for crafts, den building or storing fabric/posters

76d
Free:
Storage drum (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Metal banded cardboard storage drum. I've been using it to store rolls of fabric but don't need it any more. Approx 66cm high, 46cm diameter. Would fit in a normal car, not v heavy. Clean and intact, but well used, could easily be upcycled/decorated with paint, fabric or wallpaper. You could even pop a circular tabletop on it.



76d
Request:
Working tvs (Abingdon OX14)
Received
I am looking for TVs in good condition to donate to a hostel in Oxford for people who have experienced homelessness. The residents often have complex medical or mental health challenges and having their own TV in their room means a lot to them. People typically move on after 6-12 months and take their precious telly with them so we always need more. Happy to collect and very grateful for any help.

92d
Free:
Garden furniture cover (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Rectangular waterproof cover approx 160cm x 61cm and 78cm deep. Drawstring around the bottom to hold in place. Came from my late Mum's house. I think she used it to cover a wooden steamer chair she had in the garden, but it would go over a narrow dining table, bench or chairs (we hung it over garden chairs for the photos). Even bikes at a pinch. Quite old and a bit grubby and musty fron storage, but in good condition - no holes.


93d
Free:
Cat tree/house (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Small indoor cat house, covered in cream fur. Includes scratchy posts and boingy ball. Excellent condition but a bit dusty from storage - could use a vacuum. Haven't measured but it cones to just above knee height on me. My nervous rescue kittens loved it when they were small, but they are big brave girls now and aren't that interested in it any more.


93d
Free:
VAX Steam Mop (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Steam mop for cleaning hard or tiled floors. Barely used, has been sitting around for a few years after I changed my flooring. Fair chance policy applies.


310d
Request:
Wooden coat hangers (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Would anyone have a few wooden coat hangers to spare? Plastic ones aren’t suitable I’m afraid. I make upcycled crafts to raise money for charity. I’m down to my last 3 peg bags and need to make a new batch ready for Christmas markets. The perfect eco gift!

345d
Free:
Sofa bed (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Metal framed double sofa bed. Quite old but sturdy. Has been sitting unused in our spare room for too long and I need the space back. Folds lengthways and measures about 195cm long and 110cm deep when folded. 195 by 145cm when open. Frame is black metal and the mattress is black and cream on one side and black on the other. The mattress does have some marks on it (which might shampoo out), but we usually put a throw over it when folded. It’s like a futon mattress so it’s pretty firm and I usually put a foam mattress topper on it when it’s in use as a bed. You are welcome to the topper too if you’d like it. I’m going to dismantle the frame to move it so it should fit in a decent sized car. It just bolts/unbolts together if I remember right.




1y
Free:
Sewing Machine Bobbins (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
20 metal bobbins. Were given to me but aren’t the sort I use in my sewing machine. Can leave out for collection by arrangement.

1y
Free:
Cardboard tubes (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Sturdy cardboard tubes from rolls of fabric. Ideal for building dens, model making, crafts or, well, storing fabric (or posters). Approx 150 cm long, diameters vary from around 4cm to 6cm. I currently have 7 available, but can free up a few more if you want them. Collection any time by arrangement.

1y
Request:
Vacuum cleaner (Abingdon OX14)
Received
Working vacuum cleaner needed to be passed on to a rehomed person in need. Many thanks x
1y
Request:
Electric Fans (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Does anyone have any unwanted desk or floor fans to be donated to a local residential project for homeless and vulnerable people? Despite their best efforts, the rooms get very hot in summer. Many thanks x

1y
Free:
Orchid compost (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Bag of specialist orchid compost. Coir based, enough for one big pot or a couple of medium ones. I reconstituted too much from the dried block (shown in picture 3 for info only) and it would be a shame to waste it as it isnt cheap stuff. It's damp, so probably should be used fairly soon. Can leave out for pickup.



1y
Request:
Blankets (Abingdon OX14)
Received
Looking for a few blankets for a charity fundraising upcycling project. Fleece or most woven fabrics would work, but very heavy wool would probably be too thick. A few holes or marks would be ok, but they do need to be mostly intact for this idea. Many thanks!

1y
Request:
Underdesk foot rest (Abingdon OX14)
Received
Looking for one of these to donate to a charity supporting people at risk of homelessness who are equipping a small office area for residents to use. Many thanks.

1y
Request:
Coat hooks (Abingdon OX14)
Received
Looking for a few coat hooks on a board or ‘free range’ ones ready to be mounted, to be passed on to a charity supporting people at risk of homelessness. Many thanks.

1y
Free:
Pallet (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Large, sturdy, good condition pallet, small bit of damage on one side as shown on picture 3. Ideal for your next garden or allotment DIY project.



1y

1y
Request:
Rice Cooker (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Would anyone have a working rice cooker - I’m looking for one to pass on to a family in need. Thank you x

1y
Free:
L/XL Witchy Tights (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
Purple and black stripey tights. Worn a couple of times but no snags or holes. I think I must have been a size 18/20 last time I wore them.

1y
Free:
Sturdy long cardboard tubes (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
I have a bunch of sturdy cardboard tubes from the centre of rolls of fabric available. About 20 so far with more to come. They are mostly around 140 cm long and 5 cm diameter but they vary a bit. They would be ideal for storing fabric (!) or wrapping paper, as poster or map tubes, upcycling or craft activity (e.g, giraffe legs/necks, bird feeders or seed planter making?), toys or behavioural enrichment for pets, or anything else you can think of. Let me know how many you’d like when replying. I’d love to know what you plan to use them for!


1y
Request:
IKEA Blue bags or similar large shoppers (Abingdon OX14)
Expired
I need quite a lot of bags to transport 200 Christmas gift bags for local homeless and vulnerable people. Grateful for any help you can give. Have a Freegling Merry Christmas!

1y
Request:
Buttons (Abingdon OX14)
Received
I make upcycled bags, purses, scarves etc to raise funds for charity. I am running low on the medium and large buttons I use on them - does anyone have an old button tin gathering dust that they could bear to part with? Many thanks x

1y
Free:
Kids’ Party Bits (Abingdon not Drayton) (Abingdon OX14)
Gifted
Selection of items for big or small kids’ parties. Includes invitations, bunting, hats, blowers, confetti, cups, plates, napkins and party bags. Mostly My Little Pony themed, but also some pirate, Octonaut and random birthday. All to go together please, can leave out for collection.
2y
Request:
Electric fans (Drayton OX14)
Expired
To be donated to a hostel for homeless people in Oxford - the rooms get very hot in warm weather. Summer is coming….. Many thanks x
2y
Free:
Shower corner caddy (central Abingdon not Drayton) (Drayton OX14)
Gifted
Stainless steel toiletry holder. The round silver things pictured are suction cups which attach to the top, but you could hang it from hooks if you prefer. Never been used - it sticks fine to glass or regular shiny tiles but it doesn’t like the matte ones I have in my shower so I bought something else in the end. Can leave outside for collection.
2y