A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Offcuts from new carpet (Loughborough LE11)
These are green offcuts from newly laid carpet, though they seem to come out a bit brown in the photos! Maybe of use if you want a few bits for a shed, garage, outdoor pet house etc.






+1



+4
+3
+2



+2
+1




+4
+3
+2
Free:
Ironing board and iron (Loughborough LE11)
Withdrawn
I'll be moving house into one which already has an iron and ironing board so don't need mine. They work fine, just had them a long time. Possibly the only drawback is they may be heavier than modern boards and irons which use more plastic than metal. If any use to you let me know. They will be going to tip or charity soon as someone is helping me clear my house so get in touch asap.




+2
+1



+2
+1



+3
+2
+1


+1



+4
+3
+2



1d
Free:
Sony Hi Fi system (Loughborough LE11)
It's very old and I've not used it for a while so its very dusty. I don't play music as much as I used to and there are so many other ways of playing music these days! But I'm moving house and clearing things I don't use much. I know some people like old stuff and seems a shame to get rid of something that still works. The speakers are about 14 inches tall by about 7 inches wide, (see second photo). I still have the remote and instruction booklet. If anyone is interested let me know.


1d
Free:
Carpet (Loughborough LE11)
Withdrawn
Bit of a long shot but I am getting this landing carpet taken up tomorrow, Wednesday 23rd Sept. I will prob cut it up to go on the bin. But if anyone wants some for garage, shed, outdoor kennel, whatever, then let me know. It's about 149 inches long and 39 inches at widest point.

5d
Free:
Compost aerator (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
This is to turn over the contents in your compost heap. How it works is below: "How it Works: Insertion: You push the long metal rod directly down into your compost bin or heap. During insertion, the two triangular metal fins or "flaps" at the tip fold flat against the stem to smoothly plunge deep into the pile. Aeration: When you pull the handle back up, the two flaps spring wide open like wings. This grabs, lifts, and loosens the dense, compacted layers of organic matter, introducing essential oxygen into the core of your compost to speed up decomposition."


15d
Free:
Tree Lopper (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
I have not used it in a while as after several hernia operations I am rather wary now of holding up things above my head! Bit rusty as been in my shed but if anyone would like to make use of it please get in touch.


20d
Free:
Cordless Hedge Trimmer (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Black & Decker cordless hedge trimmer. Quite old but the battery is newer. I bought a new hedge trimmer because I thought this one wasn't working but then found i just wasn't putting the battery in the charger properly! I kept this one as back up in case the new one ever ran out of charge before I finished the hedge but I have never in fact needed to use it again. Not used it for a while but I charged the battery and switched it on and it still works.



23d
Free:
Green parasol cover (Loughborough LE11)
Withdrawn
My parasol was broken and had to go to the tip. So the cover is now spare. Nothing wrong with it.

35d
Free:
Growmore fertiliser (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
General purpose fertiliser. Unopened. Already have a box. Won't be using this.

37d
Free:
Kilner and Parfait jars (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
The Kilner jars have the metal lid that is then fastened in place by a ring screwed on top. The Parfait jars have glass lids and a rubber seal held in place by a wire spring. See photos. I bought a lot from Tylers originally as I had flour weevils in my kitchen cupboards that were old and attracted these weevils. So I used these air tight jars to store flour, rice, cereal, sugar etc. But later I had a new kitchen and I don't store as much dry food anyway. So I don't need as many jars. They vary in size. One is small, about 10 cm others are 16 or 22 cm high. There are 7 but you don't need to take all of them if you just want one or two.




37d
Free:
Pet door (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Pet door

37d
Free:
Video player (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Sharp video player. Includes remote, instructions and video head cleaner.




44d
Free:
Brush head for garden broom (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Just got a spare one that I don't need if yours needs replacing!

47d
Free:
Wool pellets to deter slugs (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Unopened. These do not kill slugs but are used as a barrier so unlike standard slugs pellets which you apply sparingly you apply these thickly to create a barrier. I only used them fir vegetables but I'm not growing any this year due to moving.

50d
Free:
Purple bin liners (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
I think the bin men gave them to me to use when I have recycling side waste as you are not allowed to use black bin liners for recycling side waste. I just have too many.

50d
Free:
Garden Stakes (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
3 of them. These are stronger than pea sticks. 90cm high.

50d
Free:
Pea/support sticks for garden (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Some are 24 inches, some 90 cm. Useful for supporting plants

50d
Free:
Hanging garden dish (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
This is a pretty little dish with a chain so it can hang down. There are no drainage holes so would not be suitable for bird food but could be used to hold water. Or you could use it simply as an ornament. Or take the chain off and place it on a table.


50d
Free:
Digital picture frame (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Imagin Digital picture frame. 12 inches by 10 inches unit size. Includes the manual and a remote control. Also has some controls on side of frame itself. Displays pictures and slide show without a computer, listen to audio while displaying photos, supports many card type, memory sticks. Built in stereo speakers. See 6 photos.




61d


64d
Free:
laminator (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Texet personal laminator. Can be used to cover posters but also recipes, photos, cards, any important documents. Unused. Includes pack of A4 laminating pouches. See the 4 photos.




65d
Free:
Pelargoniums(Geraniums) (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
I have 5 small rescued Geraniums. I have repotted and watered them and cut off the dead flowers so they are now healthy. Geraniums can flower until first frosts so I think they will flower again, in fact 2 already have, and if not, if you keep them frost free over winter, they'll flower next year and last several years. You can also take cuttings and make more! If you would like 1 or more, get in touch.

65d
Free:
Canon 511 colour ink (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
2 ink cartridges i have found. Think they were for my previous printer. They are sealed so unused.

71d
Free:
Myoovi Tens machine for pain relief (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Good condition. It is designed for period pain relief. I actually bought it to see if it would help with a hernia pain but I had a strangulated bowel so nothing was going to help apart from an operation. If anyone would like to try this I am happy to gift. See 4 photos for details.




71d
Free:
4 Blankets, 3 fleece and 1 acrylic (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
4 blankets. One is light blue, and 75% acrylic, 25% cotton and quite large. The others are fleece, 1 navy, 1 green and 1 white. Easy to wash so could be used as a throw over a sofa, or for pets or taken to an animal sanctuary. Just having a clear out as moving house.




72d
Free:
Pet bed (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
My current cat is my mum's who passed away so her cat came to me with plenty of beds so don't need this one. It's about 21 inches by 18 inches across so could also suit a small dog. The sides unzip so you can remove them from the sponge inside and wash them, which I have done. Then there is a cushion inside.

72d
Free:
Vax dual power carpet cleaner (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Upright carpet cleaner. Not used. I bought it some time ago but then experienced health problems, with various surgeries including gallstones and 3 hernias in quick succession, so cleaning carpets myself did not seem a good idea! I haven't tested it as I never used it so not confident as to how it works and don't really want to fiddle with it if I'm not going to use it. But no reason to think it will not work. I still have the instructions. If you want to have a go with it let me know, I am happy to gift it to someone!



75d
Free:
Hoover Capture Cylinder Vacuum cleaner (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
This has not been used a great deal. I was given a different vacuum from my mother as she found hers too heavy so I ended up with more vacuums than I needed! It's very light, has adjustable suction, extra tools such as a crevice too and pet turbo brush. I include several packs of bags, and an unused spare pre-motor filter and exhaust filter. I printed off some of the pages from the online instruction manuals but you might be better viewing the manual online and I can email you the manual if you can't find it. See the 6 photos to view the vacuum and accessories.




76d
Free:
Hanging bird feeder tray (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
The tray, including wooden frame, is about 13 inch square. I didn't use it in the end as I used bird tables and a ground tray for the birds that need a flat surface.


79d
Free:
Garden mesh (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
2 rolls of garden mesh. I never used them for some reason! One is !9mm mesh and the other is 25mm mesh.

82d
Free:
Bird feeder (Loughborough LE11)
Gifted
Wooden bird feeder. The shelf part is where you can scatter some food and the part under the shelf is where you can place one of those jars of peanut butter made for birds. Would need attaching to a wall I just never got round to using it.

86d