A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Ikea wooden step stool - needs TLC (Craigleith EH4)
Promised
We have had this stool for many years and it’s done us proud. We noticed that the lower step needs a bit of attention - reinforcing? A bit gappy. See photos. We don’t have the tools or ability, so it is looking for a new home. It’s basically still a sold structure, very handy in the kitchen and round the house.


+1



+1


+1


+1



+2
+1


+1



+5
+4
+3


+1



+1



+1
Free:
Double downie: separates into 2 (summer and winter weight) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
This downie belonged to my sister but she doesn’t need it any more. It has two halves that clip together, or it could be used as a lightweight (4.5 tog) and warmer one (9 tog). Goose feather and down filling. In pretty good condition, one of two small marks (see photo).



+2
+1



+2
+1


+1



+1


+1


+1



3h
Free:
Logik 24” TV (working) with built in DVD (no longer working) (Craigleith EH4)
This TV works. The DVD used to but doesn’t now - we hardly ever used it. See booklet.


3h
Free:
Bamboo Blind with Wooden Top Rail (Craigleith EH4)
This blind hangs from cup hooks (included), it is made of something that slightly resembles reed (wooden bar at top), but I think it’s synthetic: I have sponged and washed it lightly in the past, and dried it on the washing line - so quite robust. It is a bit grubby. Approx. size 82 cm wide and at least 135 cm length. It has a wooden top rail and a pull cord system, visible in the photos.



3d
Free:
Red felt covered pinboard (Craigleith EH4)
Withdrawn
This pinboard has a red felt surface. It is very light and the two triangular hooks make it easy to hold up with a couple of picture hooks or similar. Fair condition. Milk bottle for size, but I can measure it if you want the exact size.



14d
Free:
Wooden, wall mounted plate and mug rack (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
This is a sold wood wall rack for plates/bowls/mugs. Ancient but still functional. Bit worn at edges (see photos). Much loved but won’t fit in our new kitchen. The two screws we used are attached (masking tape on end), they may do for new owner too. Dimensions: 64 cm long, 26 cm deep, 44.5 cm high.



18d
Free:
Serving dish (broken lid) - good for Kintsugi mending? (Craigleith EH4)
Withdrawn
Serving dishes with broken lid - Royal Doulton “Desert Star”. Can anyone use it for Kintsugi, or perhaps mosaic or some other use?




30d
Free:
Large plastic laundry basket (for wet clothes) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Large grey plastic laundry basket (milk bottle for scale). Nowhere to store it in new kitchen )o:

33d
Free:
Dip-coated draining rack & cutlery drainer (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Metal, dip-coated plastic draining rack that used to sit on our draining board - but it is the wrong shape for our new one. The plastic cutlery drainer can be hooked on or stand free.

37d
Free:
Simple blind - light, hangs on cup hooks (Craigleith EH4)
Withdrawn
This blind hangs from cup hooks, it is made of something that slightly resembles reed (wooden bar at top), but I think it’s synthetic: I have sponged and washed it lightly in the past, and dried it on the washing line - so quite robust. It is a bit grubby. Approx. size 82 cm wide and at least 135 cm length.



40d
Free:
Kitchen roller blind - bit grubby but working (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
This black/grey striped blind has been in a kitchen. Roller with pull chain (and break safety mechanism). I think it can be sponged. Approx. 92/3 cm wide, drop to fit window at least 133cm high.

42d
Free:
Offcuts of MDF (plain grey) and laminate worktop (marbled) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Leftovers from a kitchen refit - can anyone use these in a boat/caravan/workshop? A mixture of plain grey MDF 20 mm thick (cupboard pieces) and marbled grey/white laminate worktop (22 mm thick). Bigger pieces examples of size 47 x 116 cm, 60 x 94 cm. You can select pieces or take all. If you want anymore measurements please ask.




42d
Free:
Five blinds (Hillary’s, spring loaded mechanism) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
These blinds are a bit grubby but might do for a workshop or similar. No cord, simple pulldown/spring loaded action. Two were on windows, three across a 3 door full length glass door & bi-fold. They covered windows 75 cm wide and 145 cm high. Doors full total width 232 cm and 203 high (slightly different widths, ask if you need each separate width).



46d
Free:
Tayberry seedling (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
A tayberry is cross between a blackberry and a red raspberry. This wee plant self seeded from its parent (second photo shows a fruit on the parent plant).


100d
Free:
Cardboard box with foam packing to keep small items safe (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Is this of any use to anyone? It will take 24 small items e.g. spice jar (as in photo, but not part of the offer - just for scale), and another 2 small rectangular compartments. Firm foam interior.

107d
Free:
Washing machine, good working order (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Bosch washing machine (VERY HEAVY). See photo of instructions with model number. It is sitting in our (dry secure) garage. You will need two strong people to lift it. It needs a hot wash with washing soda to clean it - I didn’t get a chance before plumber lifted it out during kitchen refit.



108d
Free:
Plastic Swing Lid Bin (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Grey plastic swing lid bin. Size: base is 53 cm high, with lid on it’s 67 cm high. 37.5 x 28 cm aperture. It’s more than 20 years old, a bit faded/grubby but sound. The swing lid is just manual. Could be useful in a kitchen/shed/allotment?


112d
Free:
Old wooden door with glass panels (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Long shot, but is this old door of any use to anyone? It has been dip & stripped at some point, I think. Putty a bit old and cracked, this places. It has been used by us for 25 years, already in when we arrived. I am wondering if an extra bit was added at the bottom: there’s a strip of wood. The internal doorway it was in used to be the back door before an extension was built. Size: 200 cm high, 76 cm wide, 4.5 cm thick.



113d
Free:
Keffir grains (for milk) (Craigleith EH4)
Expired
I have keffir grains that need to be divided. Let me know if you’d like some. I live between Western General Hospital and Craigleith retail park.

113d




116d
Free:
Ikea kitchen wall cupboards (4) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
DUE TO BE COLLECTED Monday 15 June. These Ikea wall cupboards are more than 20 years old, but structurally sound. A bit of wear in places e.g. behind handle. Wondered if they might be useful for a workshop/allotment building. The dimensions (standard in their days, I don’t know if that has changed): Three of them are 70 cm high, 37 cm deep, 40 cm wide with a door. One is open, and slightly wider: 60 cm. The three together had mains operated fluorescent tubes underneath, still working although the plastic fixings a bit brittle - you can have these too if you like (see photo). These will be taken down next Monday, 15 June - available from then (unless you want to take them off the wall yourself).




118d
Free:
“Stoves” cooker: gas hob, electric oven (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
This cooker is working (except for internal oven light). It needs a qualified gas technician to connect it to the mains. It will be disconnected and available next Monday, 15 June. You would need at least two people to move it - I am not strong enough. The manual (we have paper copy too). 55 cm wide, approx 65 cm deep. We are in a bungalow.



121d
Free:
Ikea stainless steel shelves (2) - 80 cm wide (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Two Ikea stainless stainless shelves (Grundtal, I think). Very good condition. 80 cm wide, 26 cm deep, the fixing part is 20 cm long. These are good strong shelves. Please say if you want one or both.

121d
Free:
Russell Hobbs Breadmaker (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
I got this secondhand 2 or 3 years ago. Big but not heavy. In good working order (follow the instructions, especially for amount of liquid to add - my first attempts were a bit heavy!). The manual is free online if you want to look at its spec and see some recipes:


125d
Free:
Keffir grains (for milk) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
My keffir grains are happily multiplying. I have enough to give someone a starter clump. Easy to make your own keffir.

172d
Free:
Baskets - various (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Several baskets in reasonable condition. One (as can be seen) needs handle reattached - but someone handier than I am could do this, I’m sure. The square one is shallow with an edge. The two round ones are also shallow (for winnowing or somesuch, I think). It is possible to wash this type of basket: just be careful to dry them well.



180d
Free:
Pale green paint, white primer, tube of wood filler (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
Two tins of paint, tube of wood filler (all part used). Can anyone use these? I have used less than half of the paint on a chair (needed two coats). Primer is white. Both paints water-based.



185d
Free:
Small wheeled suitcase with combination lock (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
John Lewis wheeled suitcase. I went for a different size, so surplus to requirements. In good order, there is a combination lock (I don’t think it is TSA approved though). Approx. dimensions: 54 cm high (with wheels), 40 cm wide, 22 cm deep. Zips all working, and pull out handle. If you are interested, please say when suits you to collect, I can be quite flexible.



194d
Free:
Keffir grains (for milk) (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
My keffir grains are so happy that I can now offer 2 people enough to start their own supply (using about 250 ml milk). If you are interested, please say when suits you to collect, I can be quite flexible. STILL ONE LOT LEFT!
194d
Free:
Glass bottles - anyone thinking of Christmas gifts yet? (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
I have squirrelled away too many glass bottles! Any good to anyone? Useful for making Christmas gifts, I find. See £1 coin for scale in photo. See also post for small-ish jars.

1y
Free:
Glass jars - mostly small (Craigleith EH4)
Gifted
I have squirrelled away too many small glass jars! Any good to anyone? Useful for making Christmas gifts of jam, chutney, I find. See £1 coin for scale in photo. See also post for glass bottles.

1y