A Members' Posts
List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Free:
Cactus. (New Normanton DE23)
This needs loving care and some space. I think it’s currently in a seven inch pot. In hot summer weather it has cerise blooms that last about a day. Collection only please.
Free:
Sleeping bag (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
1970s sleeping bag. Definitely summer-weight. Not had much use, mostly been stored. Collection only please.


+1



+8
+7
+6

2h
Free:
Sweet shop jars. (New Normanton DE23)
Antique Roses sweetie jars with plastic lids. I used to store lentils etc in them. Collection only.

2h
Free:
Cordial bottles (New Normanton DE23)
If you planned to use them for preserving, you need to get new washers, which you can find on eBay. Collection only please.

2h
Free:
Kilner jars. (New Normanton DE23)
With brand new lids (and some spares, as I couldn’t get fewer than six.). 86mm lids. Collection only please.

2h
Free:
Small kilner jars. (New Normanton DE23)
Promised
If you planned to use these for preserving, you will want to get new washers. EBay has those. Collection only please.

2h
Free:
Mini jars in a presentation case. (New Normanton DE23)
These had honey in them originally. Then got used for jam samples. Anyone fancy a project? Collection only please.

2h
Free:
Gardeners’ World magazines. (New Normanton DE23)
Complete set of 2025 mags. Collection only please, they are damned heavy.

2h
Free:
Sulphate of ammonia. (New Normanton DE23)
Expired
Opened bag of sulphate of ammonia, used to speed up composting, if I remember correctly. Collection only please.
96d
Request:
Aubergine plant. (New Normanton DE23)
Expired
Has anyone got an aubergine plant going spare. Just one. I can collect if you are near a Derby bus route. Thank you.

105d
Free:
Liquid grass feed (New Normanton DE23)
Expired
An unused squeezy bottle of 50/50 grass feed (it says). Probably 30 years old. Collection only please.

113d
Free:
Sulphur powder (New Normanton DE23)
Expired
An opened bag of Chempac Flowers of sulphur, used to acidify soil. Collection only please

113d
Free:
Surplus plants (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Three random tomato plants and two sweet pepper plants need a home. Collection only please.

115d
Free:
Alarm clock (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Wake up to birdsong. I never did find out what the bird is. Also has a small menu of recordings of “nature”, that are supposed to soothe. Instruction leaflet included. Collection only please.

128d
Free:
Biological compost maker (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Unopened bag. Collection only please.

131d
Free:
Acidic plant food (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Ie, for azaleas etc. Collection only please

131d
Free:
Clematis fertiliser. (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Unopened sachet, must have come with a plant years ago. Collection only please.

131d
Free:
Planters (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Two plastic faux cauldron planters. 14” diameter, holes drilled in the bottom. Collection only please

131d
Free:
Aquatic compost (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
I have a small amount left in a couple of bags, if you are planting a pond basket or two. Collection only please.

131d

137d
Free:
Corks (New Normanton DE23)
Expired
Can anyone use these? Accumulated over the years.

137d
Free:
Vitamin B Complex tablets (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Two unopened bottles as in the photo. Well within date. A recent blood test had my B12 over the top, so I will take forever to get through these.

142d
Free:
Curtains (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
44 years ago, I moved into my first flat. I bought these curtains to “marry” three pink walls, and one with brown and gold wallpaper. (Don’t ask. It was the 80s). They have been unused for decades and need a home. 86” X 42” wide. So, for long narrow windows. Collection please.



147d
Free:
Summer tops (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Home made and much loved, boat-necked tops. Size 12/14 ish. Weight gain and thyroid surgery scar mean I don’t wear these any more. All different colours, except the green, of which there are three. Mixture of cotton and poly-cotton. Collection only please.




149d
Free:
Geranium Kleine Liebling (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
I have 8 pots of rooted cuttings to rehome. Seven are miniature geranium Kleine Liebling, and one pot is another small pink and red geranium, name long since forgotten. Have as many as you like. Collection only please, can leave on porch for you to help yourself.

163d
Free:
Fitted sheets (double) (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Cotton deep fitted sheets to fit up to 12”(30cm) deep mattress. All used and washed and with plenty of life in them. The corner elastic isn’t the best, but still grips. Collection only please.
163d
Free:
Mattress Topper (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Silent night quilted mattress topper. Double bed size, with elastic straps that go right under the mattress. Used briefly, then moved on to something else. Clean, always used under a sheet. Collection only please.

163d
Free:
Muslin sheet sleeping bag (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Used once or twice 40 years ago, then washed and put away. American Youth Hostels used to require the use of one of these sleeping bags, which is essentially a sheet sewn into a bag with a pocket for a pillow. Any use to anyone? Collection only please.
163d
Free:
CDs (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Horrible Histories CDs, as given away by the Daily Telegraph. These were my late mother’s and I confess to not listening to them. Prefer them to all go together. Collection only please.

163d
Free:
Fabric conditioner (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Unopened 5L refill can of BioD fabric conditioner. I have had this at least a couple of years, and because it is unopened, I have no idea of the state of the contents. I went off the stuff due to its habit of separating. If you are used to the stuff and like it, go for it! Collection only please

253d
Free:
Screen……I think (New Normanton DE23)
Gifted
Heavy duty mesh screen. Three feet square, with extending poles top and bottom that would hold it fast in a doorway, I guess, to keep small pets from straying. The mesh is far to big to keep midges out!

320d