A Members' Posts

List Layout
Photo List Layout
Cards Layout
Offers   Requests
Free: Sock Monkey hat (Western Dearborn) This would be a very cute knit hat for a child although it does fit an adult. I bought it years ago to give as a gift and never did so it has never been worn. It was hand made in Nepal and is 50% wool, 40% mohair and 10% nylon. It has a fleece like lining so it is very warm. It has long tie strings with tassels at the end that you can't see in the photos. I think it would stay on your head without tying it.
Photo of free Sock Monkey hat (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Sock Monkey hat (Western Dearborn) #2
Photo of free Sock Monkey hat (Western Dearborn) #3
+1
Free: Between knee foam pillow (Western Dearborn) This small foam device is made to go between your knees to hold your legs in the proper position to help with back pain. This is for a side sleeper. I got it for my husband and he won't use it. It cost almost $50 and I bought 2 extra zipper covers for it. It was advertised as being one of the best made pillows for alignment for your hips. I think it might take some time to get used to it and then you can't sleep w/o it!
Photo of free Between knee foam pillow (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Between knee foam pillow (Western Dearborn) #2
Photo of free Between knee foam pillow (Western Dearborn) #3
+1
Free: Antique 3 legged table (Western Dearborn) Gifted This low 3 legged table belonged to my husband's grandmother so I don't know the age, but over 50 years and probably much older. It is wood, but I was going to paint it in bright colors so there is a coating of primer on it now. If you do not want to paint it you can easily sand it down to the wood and finish it to get back to original look. It is in good condition.
Photo of free Antique 3 legged table (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Antique 3 legged table (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Shower chair (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is a sturdy plastic/metal shower chair that will fit in most showers and tubs. It is lightly used and in good condition. It is adjustable for height.
Photo of free Shower chair (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Crutches (Western Dearborn) Withdrawn These are metal crutches for a tall person. Adjustable, but still for a tall person (like 6 feet). The rubber things over the under arm piece and hand holds have crumbled and I took them off, but I expect new ones are available. If no one takes these I will be putting them in the trash on Friday.
Photo of free Crutches (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Pine Desk/printer stand (Western Dearborn) This is a hand made desk made of pine boards. It fits in smaller spaces and is very streamlined. Dimensions are 30 inches high, 39 inches wide and 18 inches deep with two cubbies to hold paper and supplies. I have been using it as a printer strand since it is a good height and extra paper goes in one of the shelves.
Photo of free Pine Desk/printer stand (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: GE Microwave oven (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is an older white microwave oven (1100 watt) for the counter top. It works well. It is a GE Sensor microwave oven that is 1.4 cubit feet with turntable. Instruction booklet included. Would be good as a microwave in the basement or man cave for making popcorn or heating hot cocoa.
Photo of free GE Microwave oven (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free GE Microwave oven (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Graphic novels and Spock autobio (Western Dearborn) Gifted I'm filling a box with books to donate, but thought someone might want these 3. Dark Crystal Creation Myths Vol. 1 is a graphic novel. Angel Omnibus is also a graphic novel containing Angel: The Curse. Angel: Old Friends. Angel: Spotlight and Angel: Auld Lang Syne. The 3rd is a regular book (autobiography) by Leonard Nimoy about how is life was changed by being Spock.
Photo of free Graphic novels and Spock autobio (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Green water bird figure (Western Dearborn) Gifted I bought this in an antique store in 2000 so it is an older piece. I don't think it is wood even though it looks like carved wood. Perhaps plaster of Paris or some kind of resin. It is lightweight and a little fragile due to skinny legs. I love the colors and how graceful it looks. It is 23 inches tall. It has a few nicks on it, but you will probably set it up high on a shelf and no one will notice them.
Photo of free Green water bird figure (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Green water bird figure (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Painted metal wall art (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is a large painted metal Tree of Life with fruits and veggies. I purchased it over 20 years ago from a store in FL and I believe it was made in one of the islands. Very nice colors and heavy. At least 18 inches in diameter.
Photo of free Painted metal wall art (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Painted metal wall art (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Fun picture of daisies in a vase (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is a very heavy picture of flowers in a vase made with tiles in a frame. It must be hung on a large picture hanger or screw in a stud. I bought it in CA in 2000 at an estate sale and is called Crazy Daisy (written on the back). Frame is approx. 24 inches by 30 inches. Artist name looks to be M. Coles. Lovely greens and yellows. I have enjoyed looking at it for 25 years and it is time for a change.
Photo of free Fun picture of daisies in a vase (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Framed R.Lyn Nelson posters (Western Dearborn) Withdrawn This was originally a poster by Robert Lyn Nelson the sea life painter. My husband bought it in HI in the 80's and it was 3 scenes of underwater on one poster and once he got home he had it cut down so each is in a frame that is approx. 11.5 x 15 inches. You can put them in a row or stagger them or put them on different walls. Great if you want to have a sea life theme with whales and dolphins and sea turtles. It is hard to get a good photo since there is glass and reflections. They are lovely, but it is time for a change.
Photo of free Framed R.Lyn Nelson posters (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Framed R.Lyn Nelson posters (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Back brace for lower back (Western Dearborn) Expired This is a Baja 631 back brace for pain relief and stability. It is a size 3 that fits size 36" to 44" waist. It gives immediate back pain relief and has targeted compression and gel pad for heat/cold therapy. It gives stability throughout the sacral, lumbar and lower-thoracic spine. The bi-planar pulley system allows you to easily apply targeted compression. You might want to check with your doctor before using it!
Photo of free Back brace for lower back (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Back brace for lower back (Western Dearborn) #2
Photo of free Back brace for lower back (Western Dearborn) #3
+1
Free: Lift chair by Med-Lift (Western Dearborn) Expired Med-Lift Chair that is in good condition and works. It has power recline and lift and also massage and heat. It is a dark sage green color with some wear on the arms. No holes. The catch is that one of the springs in the seat has sprung so it makes a noise when you sit. It is very possible that if you can tip it over and get in there you can fit the spring back where it should be. If you are interested you may come and try it out or inspect it. If you don't want it I will understand. If you do want it you will need 2 strong people to get it out of the bedroom and front door as it needs to be lifted and turned. It is heavier than a normal chair due to the motor.
Photo of free Lift chair by Med-Lift (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Lift chair by Med-Lift (Western Dearborn) #2
Photo of free Lift chair by Med-Lift (Western Dearborn) #3
+1
Free: 8 Fiesta ware dinner plates (Western Dearborn) Expired I have 4 Sea Mist green dinner plates and 4 dinner plates in pale yellow that are over 20 years old. They are in good condition except they have been used and washed in the dishwasher so the color has faded. Good for every day dishes if you like them heavy duty.
Photo of free 8 Fiesta ware dinner plates (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free 8 Fiesta ware dinner plates (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Four Pasta bowls (Western Dearborn) Expired Colorful heavy Italian made pasta bowls. In good condition although there are a few chips of the paint on the edges. The eating portion is safe with no chips or cracks. The edges seem to have a different paint on them that chips off easily.
Photo of free Four Pasta bowls (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Four Pasta bowls (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: B&D trimmer w/o charger (Western Dearborn) Gifted I loaned this Black & Decker hedge trimmer/grass clipper to someone and when I got it back they lost the charger. It is a NiCad battery and the new ones are all Lithium so I can't find a replacement. I am posting this on the chance that someone has a charger for it. This was lightly used although it must be at least 15 years old. It needs a 7.2 volt NiCad charger and on the device it says it needs a 5102404 charger.
Photo of free B&D trimmer w/o charger (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free B&D trimmer w/o charger (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Plastic container (Western Dearborn) Expired It is in good shape as I used it for bird feed for a while. It is about 12 inches high and about 5 inches wide near the top. Good for bird feed or dog food or whatever.
Photo of free Plastic container (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Folding tray set (Western Dearborn) Gifted Set of four trays on a holder have been collecting dust in my basement for years. They are in great shape and work well for guests or if you need a temporary side table. Very sturdy and the set is heavy. I will be carrying them up the stairs 2 trays at a time. This is a photo I took from the internet as I was too lazy to take a photo of the real ones. It appears to be a $50 value when new.
Photo of free Folding tray set (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Toilet safety rail (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is new and never used. The person I got it for was big (tall and 200 lbs.) and I didn't feel it was sturdy enough to use. Perhaps it will work better with a smaller person or a different toilet or a person who knows what they are doing to put it together.
Photo of free Toilet safety rail (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: metal shelf brackets (Western Dearborn) Expired I have 3 black metal shelf brackets that were used in the garage for a small shelf. Still in good condition. The 4th metal thing is a holder for hanging flowers or a feeder and can be nailed to something.
Photo of free metal shelf brackets (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Bird feeder and/or pole (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is a suet or seed cake feeder made to keep larger birds and critters out of the suet. You can take the feeder w/o the pole. Or you can take only the pole. The pole fastens to the deck railing. You can use it to hang flowers in the summer and bird feeders in winter! Both are new and never used.
Photo of free Bird feeder and/or pole (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Bird feeder and/or pole (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: HVAC stuff (Western Dearborn) Expired I have a new white (paintable) 10" x 8" ceiling/wall register. 2 way air deflection. I also have some kind of flappy thing that must go in a vent/duct and some other thing that must go around a round ductwork. I think my husband was supposed to make another oak register cover for our house, but it never happened.
Photo of free HVAC stuff (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free HVAC stuff (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Wood for crafting (Western Dearborn) Gifted I have lots of pieces of light weight wood (maybe pine) that will be great to make something. My husband thinks he was going to recreate the TARDIS box with a removable lid. He never got started on it. The large flat pieces are thin and the others are about an inch thick.
Photo of free Wood for crafting (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Indoor elec. wiring (Western Dearborn) Gifted I have a full 50 ft box of indoor copper electrical wiring 12-2 NM-B with ground. I have a half full box of the same in 14-2 NM-B with ground (see photo). Bonus gift of one plastic electrical outlet box. I didn't know I had this stuff hidden in a bag under a box inside of another box.
Photo of free Indoor elec. wiring (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Indoor elec. wiring (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: 24 inch LG TV (Western Dearborn) Gifted This is a lightly used older LG model number 24LJ4840. HD 780p Smart LED TV. It is white and comes with a stand/cord/remote control and even an owner's manual. It will work with cable or DVD player or games. Since it is an early smart TV I am not sure if it will work with all streaming. I was not able to set it up for Hulu as it said I needed to download something. It might work with earlier streaming like Sling.
Photo of free 24 inch LG TV (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: 24 inch Vizio TV (Western Dearborn) Gifted VIZIO D-series model D24f-G1. This TV is smart and works, but there are faint little lines going across the screen. It is watchable. I tried the software fixes recommended including a factory reset w/o success. I did not try taking the back off to check some Control board which is most likely the cause of the lines. It said to check the connections and if they are good then the board needs to be replaced for $15-40 (part bought online). Someone handy can have a nice little TV that works great.
Photo of free 24 inch Vizio TV (Western Dearborn) #1
Free: Robert Heinlein classic books (Western Dearborn) Gifted I have The Notebook of Lazarus Long Illuminated by DF Vassallo out in 1978. I have four vintage paperback books by Heinlein in good condition and lovely cover artwork. To buy them online would cost at least $50. Have Space Suit- Will Travel. Rocket Ship Galileo. Red Planet. All published by Ace Books. The Day After Tomorrow is published by Signet.
Photo of free Robert Heinlein classic books (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Robert Heinlein classic books (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Misc. Art stuff (Western Dearborn) Expired Keep the kids busy this summer. I have about 20 sheets of 11 x 14 inch poster board. I have a few used drawing pencils with eraser. I have two plastic things that can be used to help draw straight lines or circles. I have a bunch of cut out pictures from greeting card fronts that can be glued on poster board to make collages. Be creative! I made this collage today from old birthday cards!
Photo of free Misc. Art stuff (Western Dearborn) #1
Photo of free Misc. Art stuff (Western Dearborn) #2
Free: Star Trek TV guide (Western Dearborn) Gifted Collectors of Star Trek stuff or TV Guides. I have the August 24-30 1996 when Star Trek turns 30. It is in OK condition as it was kept in a box for 30 years.
Photo of free Star Trek TV guide (Western Dearborn) #1